Live and Learn

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Live and Learn

Before I get started, Kathleen, click here to get access to the page where I got my template from ;) if you don't like those ones, just google "blogger templates" and you'll get lots of links=)

Now, let's jump into today's subject.

As the song very well says "and you begin to wonder why you came" ((how to save a life--> The Fray)) I think a friendship is coming to an end, sadly.

Do you know any of those people who never admit they are wrong?

I belong to the group of people who think that you get what you give, no matter what that is. But I also belong to the head strong group of people. Nontheless, this time I am convinced I did nothing wrong!

I know what you will say, that friendships don't just die from one day to another, that it takes two people to kill it and all that... and it is true... I should have said what I thought way before and maybe not let things get to this point... but as I said last time, I can't tell people what I think if it's a bad thing.

I am a very forgetful person, so that is why I never blame people for forgetting special dates or just simple things, like an exam or an appointment with the doctor ((when they don't call to see how that went, that is)). It's like, if I did get angry at them for that, it'd be like the saying "It's easier to see the straw in someone else's eye than the long in your own" So that is why I expect people not to get mad at me when I forget about something.

Maybe I am wrong at making these kind of assumptions, or whatever you want to call them. But then again, not all people are the same.

This friend of mine, a very dear friend, indeed, got massively upset because I texted her to see how she did in her first day at work, instead of calling her.

I didn't know how to react, specially since I learned about her thinking like that from her sister, who is also my friend.

Her exact words when I asked her how her sister was doing, because I had texted her and got no reaply whatsoever were "she is doing fine, but I think you two should talk because she feels very upset that you didn't call her". I couldn't believe my ears!! The very same person who's forgotten to call me for my birthday for the last two years is angry at me because I texted her instead of calling her?? That was just too much to bare.

My friends have always told me that I let way too many things slide and that I shouldn't.

I simply can't stay mad at a person for too long, but there's only so much ((and pardon my french)) crap I can take!!

I am not going to get started on all the things I've taken with a grain of salt over these past four years because that would be just wrong... my problems are with her and her alone, so I shouldn't expose them in here for everyone to read, but there comes a time when you have to say "enough is enough".

Even though I may not look so, I am a very patient person, and a friend told me the other day that I am quite an optimistic person, always trying to see the bright side of things, so it takes a while before someone upsets me because I am constantly looking for ways to defend that person. "He's had a bad day"... "She's going through a rough patch"... "She wasn't exactly at her best today", but I'm nobody's tissue!

My first reaction was not to call her, not only because I had done nothing wrong, but also because I knew she was going to see the whole thing soon and that she should try to contact me ((after all, I had also been given my entrance exam to university that same day and she hadn't called me to see how I had done either, so, again, she had no right to complain))

The next day I was already texting her, not saying anything like "forgive me for being such a bad friend and not calling", but just saying hey, long time no see, let's get together for a coffee one of these days. Besides, I had a friend from Australia staying over who had arrived the previous day, and that made it a bit difficult for me to get together for coffee with anyone! but I got no reply. At first, I thought that, again, she had not credit and therefore couldn't text me, and I knew she was working full hours from monday to saturday and that that may be the reason she wasn't texting me back, so during the following days I kept on texting her... but, again, no reply...

About two weeks after that, I get an sms from her saying she was sorry she hadn't replied before ((meaning she DID get all my messages)) and that she wanted to talk with me because she "was looking for some sort of reaction from me she never saw"...

What was I supposed to do if she didn't talk to me?? Go knocking on her door, begging her to do so??

For me, that was just too much to take... And this is where I match what I was saying at the beginning of the post with this...

Why do people feel like they have the right to demand what they don't give???

I know you don't do things only to get those things done for you.... but you don't complain if people don't do for you what you don't do for them!! And I am not talking about important things, like giving you money when you are unemployed and have to feed your kids, or being there when a relative dies... Just the way that I admitted it, you should all agree that this thing is, in itself, quite absurd!! and I don't feel --AT ALL-- like the 20-year-old girl that I am by doing it... It's like going back to highschool... But she is pushing me to it!

I won't apologize for something I didn't do, I simply won't take the blame this time.

Do you think I am not doing things properly?

It's not like I am not going to forgive her... it's just not about forgiveness ((who am I not to forgive someone? I am not in here to judge people, someone else will in due time and it certainly will not be me))... I am hurt... that's all... and, as I said, head-strong...

it's like that say uncle game ((guess that's the name... don't remember well))... she just can't always get away with what she wants...

Maybe I am overeacting, maybe I'm expecting too much from people, who knows... I just hope things get better...



Today's Pic: How to Save a Life by The Fray.

It's the song I quoted at the beginning of the post and I feel like it's been written for this story... The video is also the video of that song ((I just like it too much ^^))

Have a good sunday, everyone;)

3 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2007 at 1:10 AM, Blogger Sweettooth said…

    thanks for the template link, gonna check it out soon. take care :)

     
  • At April 22, 2007 at 10:42 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Thanks for the link. Who knows what you'll see when you visit my blog again?! As for the friend, Yes, I think it would be good if you speak to her and I wonder if there is some way you can work this topic into a conversation. Not to offend her or scold her, but to let her know that she does not control you OR your reactions. CONTACT, whether it is a phone call or a text message, is what's the important thing. She must know that people's lives don't revolve around her alone.

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    boy, you do write a lot! :P
    my dear, you're not overreacting at all. people are complicated and even though we've met them for years there will always be something that takes us by surprise about their personality. i wish i could get some of my friends as well, maybe it's like they say: "you never really get to know someone".
    hope things will get better as well. we live and we learn, don't we? ;)
    hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home