Live and Learn

Friday, April 27, 2007

another white dash

I need your loving like the sunshine.

All it takes is a lonely person on a friday night, a dark room, a cold floor, some quiet music, and you have the perfect recipe for a suicide.
Not that I usually think about such things, but at times, when we are completely detached from everything around us, our minds travel long distances looking for something not even they know what it is, or where they will find it.

And this time it's my turn.

I need your loving like the sunshine.

Once again I find myself surrounded by memories - faces and voices time does not manage to fade away; even though I put all my effort in forgetting I once was happy; even though it is barely possible to match my old self with the pathetic excuse for a person that's now lying on the floor.

I need your loving like the sunshine.

Feeling the coldness of the floor beneath me helps me think better. The universe is no more than a black box and im floating in it - music all around - nothing else to interfere. Suddenly I think "How wonderful would it be to melt with it", and I get soaked in a strange sense of warmth that flows through me.

I need your loving like the sunshine.

Blackness, cold, music and floor... I take a deep breath and hold it in... and hold it in... and I melt with it.



I've been feeling a bit sickly lately... like... when you're just about to get a really bad cold, you know, a bit feverish, sleepy, tired, there's not an inch of my body that doesn't feel the weight of this suddenly cold weather...

But, trully, the world is going bananas!!! it's like one day it's 30ºc and the next 10ºc!! we've had no in-between and this is killing me!! lento, duro y letal, like the song goes.

And, if that's not enough, I need to sleep. It's not that I miss sleeping anymore, or even that I want to sleep because I have nothing better to do.. I desperatly NEED it. Getting up early everyday and not going to bed till late every night is turning me into some sort of XXI century zombie who matches her shoes with her jacket and bag ((weird, huh??)) But as much as I would LOVE going to bed earlier... I can't!! there's always so much to do, so much to read and write... aaahhh... guess I shouldn't be complaining, really...

Oh, well... may God bless the weekend^^


Pick of the day: Hoppipolla by Sigur Ròs


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home